Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Not much, just mouthwatering raw fish

It seems that in Rob's Lenten blogging-leave-of-absence, I have not been posting much. Oops. I'll try to do better at updating.

My schedule is full and my mind racing these days, but I'm happy and determined to have fun and not feel overwhelmed. The CSAPs (Colorado big-ol' standardized tests) start tomorrow. It's a nerve-wracking experience every year because of its formality, and I will breath a sigh of relief after our 9 days of testing are over. I'm hosting my friend's bridal shower on Saturday, and after 3 years since buying my townhouse, I realized that this will be my first party. Oh, I want to do it right! The good news (for the bride) is that everyone I invited is attending. Therein is also the bad news. 23 women in my townhome... I hope they're ready to get close to each other.

For your viewing enjoyment, here are a few photos to illustrate the fun we had last weekend.

Bought new running shoes. After all, we're runners now.

Went to the mountains to run and take some photos with Lydia's Flat Stanley (don't show her yet!). It is me, or does Rob look like a native Coloradoan to you?

Made sushi later... yum. Of course, cukes were left out of my maki zushi.

10 Comments:

At 3/09/2006 10:27:00 AM, Blogger girlski said...

ah, look at the two cute yuppies! running, making sushi, roasting and grinding your own coffee beans.... what's next -- riding the vespa???!!

 
At 3/09/2006 01:14:00 PM, Blogger Kim Masitti said...

The rolls look great, need more raw fish though...less seaweed. Yuck. I know it's good for you, but I hate the weedy taste. Reminds me of cucumbers. :o)
Need a good wine to go with it too.

 
At 3/09/2006 01:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Sar, I think you've always been a runner. I'm just along for the ride, er run.

 
At 3/09/2006 01:41:00 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

They look delish, Sarah!

 
At 3/10/2006 11:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, I will show Lydia the pic of Flat Stanley! She'll be so thrilled to see you guys with him! How cute!

I've never tried sushi. I am a weanie!

 
At 3/10/2006 11:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I just saw the "don't show her yet" line. I will keep it a secret. Your blog is sealed!

She'll be thrilled. Rob said he's in the mail!

Thanks so much for participating in her school project!

 
At 3/15/2006 02:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lydia was quite excited that her mail came! They put the pics and letter up in the hallway at school. Lydia brought home a couple of the pics! She wants to frame them and put them in her bedroom. Thanks so much guys!

 
At 3/15/2006 11:22:00 PM, Blogger J-Dingo said...

J-Dog and his Russian cutie CRAVE raw fish.
As far as running goes, well, why not bicycle? You get so much more mileage.
Don't get a Vespa. Get a real motorcycle. Triumphs are cool...esp. and old kickstart model. J-Dog like betties who can kickstart.

 
At 3/15/2006 11:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to hang w/ you all, but I just met this chick at the White House, and thinkt might turn into something.

 
At 3/27/2006 10:51:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I know that I'm replying to an older blog Sarah, but I just came back from a rendevous at a sushi restaurant and your creations are at least worthy of being served there just based on appearance! Very impressive, but does your cooking (or not in this case) hold a candle to my ramen noodles? Salúde!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home