Monday, February 20, 2006

Kansas City debrief

I've been anticipating this first visit to Rob's parents for some time now. Close friends know that I've been counting down ever since he bought our tickets. Now I'm back in Colorado Springs after our fabulous visit, and it's a bit sad to come down from so many good times and laughs. During our return trip yesterday, Rob and I reminisced about all of the great family I was able to meet; all people who are such important parts of his life. We also lamented that we didn't take many photos. We were just having such a great time, I didn't remember to get the camera out when it really would have mattered. Rob's parents are wonderful and sweet and funny. I wished we could have stayed longer (so I could try my hand at Carcassonne again!). Rob's sister Melissa and her husband Jim are lots of fun and were the source of much hilarious laughter. I can't wait to see them and mispronounce tons of words with them again.

Here are three photos that we did manage to take:

Rob and the Magnificent Ceiling
Rob and I were at the KCI airport waiting for Jim and Melissa to pick us up when we started taking goofy photos. I like this one because I implies the fun we had while waiting. We sat back, propped our feet on our suitcases, and played sudoku in between giggling about THAT GUY who was cruising us and that couple where the man was grumpy.

Rob + Sarah!
This photo was taken during our visit with Julie and James and their 4 girls. Wow, I just love Jules and James! For those who don't know, James and Julie were present when I first met Rob in person. They certainly added to the great overall first impression of Rob. It was so neat to visit their home, laugh with them and their charming daughters, and eat with them. We LOVED the taco soup!

Santa Fe Egg Cups
On top of a wonderful visit and all the snack food I could ever imagine, Rob's family surprised me with birthday cake and some gifts yesterday. They gave me these beautiful egg cups, which I had been coveting on my Amazon wish list for some time now. I think my life is close to perfect now that I have egg cups (and you can see that they match my kitchen)!

It's always hard to get back to normal life after a wonderful trip such as this, but I'll try. Thank you to everyone who made this weekend outstanding.

17 Comments:

At 2/20/2006 04:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you liked KC. Rob's family is wonderful, and I guess I will confess that James and Jules are some of Carl and my favorite people.

 
At 2/20/2006 05:13:00 PM, Blogger girlski said...

if you thought KC was fun, you will LOVE a trip to Boston... hint hint...

 
At 2/20/2006 05:20:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Nice. I love the way you're so subtle, Had. :-) Maybe you and Chuck should come to the great state of Colorado! It is the Centennial state after all.

 
At 2/20/2006 06:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time you guys come back, Tom and I will have to meet you, Sarah. Rob is a great guy. . .your in good hands with him.

Looks like the trip was fun. Love the pic of Rob kissing your cheek. He looks very intense! Very sweet.

 
At 2/21/2006 11:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"intense", hehe. Hmm, I don't remember being intense then. As I remember, it was Julie who choreographed the pose!

 
At 2/21/2006 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hey now! It was choreographed because the FIRST time she didn't get it on camera. So technically, it was less intense the second time. :-)

 
At 2/21/2006 02:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool egg cups! I may have to covet them.

 
At 2/21/2006 02:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and it was nice to see pictures of you and Rob, too! Glad you had a good time.

 
At 2/21/2006 04:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww. . . How sweet! Thank you for the kind words. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with the fam and your evening with us. We sure enjoyed you guys!

 
At 2/21/2006 05:33:00 PM, Blogger Ciera said...

I've never seen egg cups before...they look pretty cool...love the colors

 
At 2/22/2006 04:06:00 PM, Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Sorry we missed your visit, I really hope we can get together next time you both are here!

 
At 2/22/2006 10:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... which mispronounced words are you referring to?

We had such a great time with you both. I'm so glad we were finally able to meet (even if I ended up being sick the whole time!) I know I speak for my whole family when I say that we think you are wonderful and adorable. We're so glad you are apart of Rob's life!

Also, just an fyi: jim and I are practicing for our pingpong rematch. Watch out!

 
At 2/22/2006 11:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hey, forgot to ask:

When are you going to post that video from college you were talking about?

 
At 2/22/2006 11:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day!

 
At 2/23/2006 06:39:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hey Mel! This entire comment is dedicated to you:

This is a public forum, and I don't want to get too specific, but some people had crazy pronunciations of "their" and "wind chill". There was another word I couldn't remember that I had mispronounced until recently. When I come across it, I'll do a blog post for all to laugh at!

Melissa- I am still trying to track down the video in question. I'm sure it is probably LONG destroyed. Yup, sure of it. When do we get to see your latest video?

 
At 2/23/2006 07:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so honored! Yeah!

Just to clarify: "thur" is a perfectly acceptable pronunciation according to the dictionary...not that I'm the one that pronounced it that way...

As for the videos, I will when you will...maybe!

 
At 2/24/2006 07:39:00 PM, Blogger Suz. said...

Hmmm... what a joy-filled account of your trip. I am smiling for you! And, I love the egg cups. Definitely blog-photo-posting-worthy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home