Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Daredevil that Runs in My Blood

I realized that it's been a while since I last posted; I guess I just forgot to do it! I have a photo for the blogosphere, though it's a little late, which was taken on Christmas Eve with my family.

The fam was gathered in the pasture saying hello to my mom's horses. All was calm as we held out to them the traditional Christmas apples and Christmas carrots. My brother Luke, e'er the adventurous one, said, "What do you think would happen if I took a running leap onto Luca's back?" I piped up, "I'll get a picture if you do it!" (famous last words).

Now, vital information here is that these horses are living the good life out on the farm. They get ridden a few times a week, but other than that, it's all eat sleep and poop for them. Luca had just finished eagerly munching on his treats, and was not expecting an adult male to jump on his back; hence, the alarmed look in this photo.
Can you tell which direction Luca ran off in, the second after this photo was snapped? Yeah, right at me... After a moment or two when he had picked up some speed, Luke bailed and landed on his butt. After that, the horse would not come near us for fear of a second go-'round.

5 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 02:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Great photo!

 
At 1/12/2006 07:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the horses' expression!

 
At 1/13/2006 06:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture.

I'm glad you weren't trampled.

 
At 1/14/2006 05:14:00 PM, Blogger J-Dingo said...

Cool horses! My horse is a spoiled brat. She gets annoyed when I want to ride her.I have to conduct a very elaborate deception to get her to the barn for saddling.

 
At 1/16/2006 09:55:00 AM, Blogger Ciera said...

The more I look at that pic, the funnier it is. the look on the horse's face says it all!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home