Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Cookie Share, For All Who Care

It is an annual tradition to decorate cookies at Mom and Bill's house. Lots of cookies, and then some. My brother Mark and I were fortunate enough to arrive on the 23rd in time to decorate the whole batch with Mom. After many years, we have noticed a pattern that emerges while we are in the midst of our decorating fervor. At first, cookies are decorated with intricate artistry.
The next stage is to start "customizing" cookies. This starts with family members and significant others, then regresses into beloved pets and then, pets who are no long with us. For example:This leads to the cramping of the hand and then the factory-style, mass production of cookies.The final stage is the cynicism, in which Mark and I try to outdo each other in the "Ugly Cookie" category. I give you:
The Cookie of Unmentionable Color
The Overloaded Cookie
Lumpy Smile (a personal favorite)
Marky and I took some of photos with the cookies that had personal significance. I hope your Christmas was joyful. Mine certainly was!

9 Comments:

At 12/28/2005 09:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures. It looks like you had a great time!

I had the cookie dough all prepared Friday night to bake and decorate on Saturday with the girls, but then we had a catastrophe occur that took several years off James and I's life. A resolution did not occur until Christmas evening. I hope to post about it soon. :)

The cookie dough is still in the fridge!

 
At 12/28/2005 09:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, I ate my "ROB" cookie. Was good with a coffee chaser. :)

 
At 12/28/2005 09:53:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Jules, you have me concerned now! Post quickly! :-)

Rob, glad you enjoyed your cookie.

 
At 12/28/2005 10:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All is well now, and it had nothing to do with the girls. ;)

 
At 12/28/2005 10:58:00 AM, Blogger Ciera said...

they all look yummy-even the 'ugly' cookie!

 
At 12/29/2005 12:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like fun. happy christmas, sarah!

 
At 12/29/2005 05:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, "Lumpy Smile" was mine and "Overloaded" was Sarah's!

 
At 12/30/2005 02:19:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

We seem to have the most fun when the cookie-making culminates in the destruction of the art itself...

hideous frosted globs...

 
At 1/01/2006 07:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home