Monday, December 19, 2005

Do Photos Speak a Thousand Words?

I couldn't quite narrow down what I want to say to the blogging world right now, but I DO have lots of great photos from my wonderful weekend. Here are a few:

Friday afternoon at the all-school Songfest, the last song required the teachers to get out in the middle of the gym floor and boogie, much to the students' delight. In the middle is Jordan and me, trying to direct the masses since we didn't have jingle bells. Notice the look of glee on the teachers' faces, with only 20 minutes 'til Winter Break!

Friday night annual Christmas Glam Night Out; pictured is me, Beth, and Ginger.






Saturday was a snowy day; Rob and I made a fire in the fireplace after we cleaned up a rather unfortunate dog-got-into-the-chocolate mess.

Sunday we tackled my new cold brewing system for coffee (AWESOME gift, Rob). The photo is actually from today's final draining stage. And wow- what a smooth cup of coffee it made!

6 Comments:

At 12/19/2005 12:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, I'm glad the first brew worked. I wish I could have sampled it. Very different cup of coffee, isn't it?

 
At 12/19/2005 01:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, there are two kinds of people in the world. those that quote monty python, and cool people.

 
At 12/19/2005 04:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids don't get out until this Thursday. You have a nice long break. That's terrific!

I want to try this cold brew sometime. I use a percolator!! Great gift, Rob!

I have probably quoted Monty Python....and I am still cool in the eyes of some! (Do small children count?)

 
At 12/19/2005 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Ha! Anonymous, you are so right (with Julie being the exception, of course, because she gets to quote Monty Python AND be cool at the same time).

I am so very relieved to be relaxing this week before Christmas. Jules, you will have to try the cold brew. It's really a novel idea!

Rob, the cold brew was completely not what I was expecting. There's no "bite" to the coffee like I was so used to. It's almost like you don't taste the coffee until you've already swallowed it. Have you experienced this?

 
At 12/19/2005 10:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I know what you mean. It's a little strange for us "true" coffee drinkers, being accustomed to the bite.

Ok anonymous, take off your mask!

 
At 12/19/2005 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

C'mon, Anonymous, show yourself. If you're not too scared...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home