Saturday, December 03, 2005

Snow + Royal = Fun

It snowed a LOT today... such a pleasant surprise! My sweet dog was bouncing around, full of joy when I let him out, so I decided to join him and take a few photos.














This crazy animal made me laugh for 30 minutes straight; all from his jumping around and putting his face in the snow.














I would throw a small log from my wood pile, and the crazy guy would chase it wildly! He's not much of a fetch dog normally.














Here he is, trying unsuccessfully to pick up the log.














Royal looking pensive for the camera.














I love him so much. I never imagined the delight I would take in owning a dog.

7 Comments:

At 12/04/2005 07:26:00 AM, Blogger rbflyfishr said...

Royal looks like he really likes the snow. Does he chase snowballs and chew them up? Sally does that, and then looks around for them. She will have to wait though, we only had a dusting of snow here in the banana belt.

 
At 12/04/2005 07:34:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I don't know, Dad. The snow yesterday was that great powdery stuff that doesn't really pack well. I was trying to make snowballs for him! Royal misses little Sally.

 
At 12/04/2005 04:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cute pics! Dogs can become like children! Our doggy had to go to a retirement home. He is 15 years old now. Our home would kill him. It's too busy and loud. He lives with our good friends Carl and Mary. They are excellent adoptive parents. It's sad to see him grow so old. He used to LOVE to play in snow. Now his arthiritis can't handle the cold. His name is Razz.

 
At 12/05/2005 08:17:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

It sounds like Razz has a great spot for retirement! It's strange to fast-forward 14 years in my mind and try to imagine Royal as old. They are excellent companions who do a great job of sharing our lives, aren't they?

 
At 12/05/2005 11:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, Royal's energy makes me laugh. How fun!

 
At 12/05/2005 12:54:00 PM, Blogger Ciera said...

Looks like he was having fun! Mom has two small dogs, and when it snows alot...and the snow is above their heads, it makes for some good picture taking cuz they just enjoyed themselves so much!

 
At 12/06/2005 08:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I puppy sat again this weekend, but only the good dog. Was kind of bummed when Artie got picked up. Have to get a dog again. I have a horse, but it's not the same, and they don't do well in the house. BTW, cool dog, yours...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home