Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Some Artsy Fun

I'm the maid of honor for a dear friend's upcoming wedding, so I'm hosting her bridal shower next month at my house. Never one to go out and buy something I could make myself, I created these invitations using cardstock and Publisher. I've never been a natural scrapbooker or stamper, but I had a lot of fun creating these! Tonight I finally finished gluing the invitations together and sent them all out in the mail. Here's a picture of one:Thanks to my newest download, Gimp, I was able to blur personal information for Internet viewing. Cool!

6 Comments:

At 2/09/2006 11:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Gimp usage. One day, you will be a full Gimp master with unlimited power!

 
At 2/09/2006 01:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Gimp. Very cool!

That's a beautiful invitation! It feels so good to create!

I love the simplicity of today's styles. When I got married pink and "big" were popular!

 
At 2/11/2006 06:52:00 AM, Blogger rbflyfishr said...

I thought "gimp" was when you had a hitch in your giddyup.

 
At 2/12/2006 11:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Sarah!!

 
At 2/12/2006 09:02:00 PM, Blogger posthipchick said...

I thought you said you were the bridesmaid for your DEAF friend's wedding. Whoops!

 
At 2/13/2006 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Suz. said...

Love your blog and your stationer art skills!! I have been gathering my collection of created invites -- but I'll check out that gimp thing.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home