Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Fun Bloggy Thing

...or, The Post in Which I Really Want to Blog, But Can't Think of What to Say.

Anyway, I was thinking about traveling. So I decided to create the my Visited States Map. I couldn't decide if I should count the states we drove through to get to Florida for spring break in college (Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee). Does singing Walking in Memphis at 2:00 AM at the top of your lungs, outside of Graceland, count? Hmm. I made the difficult rule that to count a state, I must have spent at least one night in that state.

I had a thought: why is it that so many people I know and love have grandparents in West Virginia?

And, did anyone else here ever learn the 50 States song as a child? In 5th grade we learned the song, and it still rings in my head when I think about states... "Fifty nifty United States, from 13 original colonies..."

11 Comments:

At 3/19/2006 08:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lot of red. Why no blue states? Or am I confusing my geography with politics?

 
At 3/20/2006 08:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I created my own map. I've been to more states than I realized. You've had the opportunity to do a lot of traveling!

 
At 3/20/2006 08:38:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I can thank my clarinet for all that traveling! I was able to see the northern and midwestern states with the Evangel concert orchestra.

 
At 3/21/2006 05:17:00 PM, Blogger girlski said...

bake, you should count Tennessee. Singing "Walking in Memphis" outside of Graceland is the quintessential TN experience and I think you should add it to your list....

"tell me, are you a christian son? and i said, 'man, i am tonight!'"

 
At 3/23/2006 02:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you can see by the link to my web-page, the Red States are more popular anyway. Red was a good choice.

 
At 3/23/2006 02:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you can see by the link to my web-page, the Red States are more popular anyway. Red was a good choice.

 
At 3/23/2006 10:22:00 PM, Blogger J-Dingo said...

J-Dog has two big holes in his map. At least they're all red...J-Dog likes his president.

 
At 4/01/2006 08:34:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Hey, what happened to your "Daily Addictions" blog links? That was fully half the publicity for my blog!

 
At 4/05/2006 07:21:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

We can vote on this if need be, but I think we need a sound file of Sarah singing this "nifty" song to clarify 'cuz it's just not ringing a bell for me... Who's with me?

 
At 6/28/2006 02:56:00 PM, Blogger Mat Weller said...

I came across your blog when I searched for an MP3 of the "Fifty Nifty United States" song. I didn't find one, so in case your readers might be curious to hear it, I'm going to sing it on the podcast I'm on this weekend. Check out http://www.awfulshow.com, or seach the podcast section of iTunes for "Awful Show," after Saturday (7/1/06) if you need some nostalgia.

--WARNING: There is some explicit content in our show, so if that bothers you, you may want to stay away

 
At 6/28/2006 02:58:00 PM, Blogger Mat Weller said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home