Monday, September 19, 2005

Endings

They suck. Endings to great vacations, endings to excellent books, but endings to relationships- these are the worst. These are hard endings; there's a blunt, sharp end left. Where you're sitting on the couch watching the Emmy Awards and then, 2 hours later, you're driving home for the last time thinking, 'What just happened in that small space of time?'. I'm teary because I didn't want to let it go. I had so many good memories and experiences with him and I know with certainty that I won't be seeing him like that again. Endings are difficult to see beyond. They blind us a bit to the future, like fog, giving less than a foot of view at a time.

I can see very clearly right now into the past year; I remember every detail and every important event between the two of us but I cannot see past this week for myself. That frightens me to death.

3 Comments:

At 9/20/2005 06:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, hold on there. Deep breaths. I know what you mean; it does take time to figure out what happened sometimes. But in the meantime talking it over with a good friend can help bring clarification. good luck!

 
At 9/20/2005 12:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how breakups do suck! BTDT. It can be so hard to pick up the pieces of yourself.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

 
At 9/21/2005 02:16:00 AM, Blogger Alison said...

What Barb said. Be good to yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home