Saturday, September 17, 2005

Had the Helping Verb




















Ah, I miss my Had. My good buddy whom I met in student government (hence, the uber-cool t-shirts... yes, we're proud). Unfortunately she's living on the other side of the country, all married off and with a big-girl accounting job. We such fun the summer of '01, living together in the Belcrest apartment (yes, we even shared a room so our other roommate didn't have to put up with us). I loved the term used for our apartment where people liked to gather: "The Barrel". I remember Had teaching me to throw a football in the parking lot (Joe: "Guys aren't attracted to girls who do masculine things like throw footballs." Both of us: "Joe, you are depraved and we would never ever date you, so don't you worry about us." We kept tossing the football.) Had made me drink for the first time, forced me to run with her, showed me how to illegally download songs, and drove me to her small hometown for the 4th. I miss my Had and our late-night Bible studies; that kind of friendship is hard to match.

4 Comments:

At 9/18/2005 09:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our relationships with women are a crucial part of our lives. As much as I love and enjoy my husband, he could never take the place of my girlfriends.

 
At 9/18/2005 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

You're so right. Each of these relationships has given something important to me that I will keep forever. My friend Had says it a little better than I do on her site, the inklings. I have it listed to the right under "Daily Reads."

 
At 9/18/2005 01:40:00 PM, Blogger girlski said...

this girl "Had the Helping Verb" sounds like a very cool girl...

 
At 9/18/2005 06:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, aren't you kids cute! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home