Friday, September 16, 2005

Impulsivity?

I have a habit of just deciding I want/need something, and then I go out and get it. This has been repeated countless times in my life, but right now it might be life-changing. I might get a dog. See, my family had a beloved German Shepherd who had to be put to sleep this past summer. I have always wanted a dog of my own, and I've waited for just the right time/dog. Well, my parents just adopted another Shepherd and now I've got the itch too! It's 11:30 on a Friday night and I've been looking at canine rescue web sites and just submitted an application for an 8-week old German Shepherd mix. I feel like a puppy would be hard work, but I'm always home anyway and besides- wouldn't it be good to get a puppy who could grow up and respect a cat, rather than adopt a middle-aged cat killer Shepherd? I know this is really impulsive, but I have such a desire for a dog to run with, take for car rides, hike with, etc. Some of my best decisions I've ever made have been opportunities that just dropped in my lap like this one. I'll keep everyone posted.

2 Comments:

At 9/18/2005 03:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you would give a dog a really good home. If that roommate of yours is gone like you say, then you definitely need a frolicking puppy to fill the walls of your home with joy (and whining)! But wouldn't, oh I don't know; a yellow lab puppy be even better? Just this humble surfer's opinion...

 
At 9/19/2005 09:25:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Dear L. Wilson,

Don't you have a nice brother named Owen or something? I really love all of your work in Wes Anderson's films. Could you do another one like Royal Tenenbaums?

No, L., I'm afraid I don't need a yellow lab puppy in my house. I once had a yellow lab and, well, to put it gently, she was a dim bulb. Gentle and soft as could be, she could not light up the room. Many screen doors' lives were ended prematurely due to dear sweet Cassie.

Thank you for your suggestion, L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home