Saturday, October 01, 2005

"Parties"

I had a dilemma... and I guess technically, it's been solved. I made my decision and it's over. I'm not sure many people are even thinking about it anymore, but I thought I'd write about it anyway.

One of my closest friends had a "party" last night. I say "party" because it was one of those trying-to-sell-you-something "parties" disguised as a real party/happy hour on a Friday evening. First of all, I don't like those selling parties. I'd rather have someone invite me to come over and try a product one afternoon than try to pass it off as an opportunity to get people together for fun. She doesn't sell the product herself, but got roped into hosting for an acquaintance of hers who sells the darn stuff. And I don't want to buy this junk anyway.

I saw the party hostess today and asked how everything last night went... she is still puzzled, maybe even a little hurt that I didn't attend.

I guess I don't understand why I had to feel obligated to go in the first place.

2 Comments:

At 10/02/2005 06:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't do anything wrong. She shouldn't be trying to manipulate you into feeling bad about not going. I am starting to learn that I don't always have to do things I don't want to do.

 
At 10/04/2005 04:32:00 PM, Blogger Pigs said...

I hate those kind of parties. And yes, you're in the right there. Thanks for visiting my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home