Thursday, September 29, 2005

A Royal Update...

















I'm in love with my new dog. He's so sweet and I let him sleep in my bedroom last night. He calmly slept on the floor while the cat was at the foot of my bed... no fighting or anything. Maybe he's been around cats in the past?

Today I came home from school and Royal was really sluggish and slow... he had a vet appointment and I had to rush to get him in the car and take him there, and I noticed that he didn't seem to be feeling well.

As I was turning into the vet's office, I clipped the curb with the back tire of my car, and I heard this loud hissssssssssssssssssssss sound. "SHOOT!" I muttered, pulling in to the parking spot. As we were waiting in the vet's office and I was trying to locate a tow truck and tire shop that could replace my tire, I realize that my new dog was definitely sick. He lay there in the vet's office with his head on the floor, even amidst the cats and dogs walking past him... a passerby commented that he looked "gloomy."

Yep, he had a 104-degree fever, and dogs should be around 102. We've started antibiotics and I hope he starts feeling like himself soon. I'm sad that my dog feels so crummy; it's almost painful for me. It's obvious in the way that he kind of shuffles around the house without too much movement.

To solve the tire issue, I found that Pep Boys was open until 9:00. I had the car towed there, walked the dog home slowly and then had friends whom I had dinner plans with pick me up and then drop me off to get my car.

My day has not been as planned, but I feel that it was incredibly rich. I have a beautiful dog. I got to take an unplanned autumn walk this afternoon. I have loving friends who had me over for dinner, and they helped me end my day with laughter. And... tomorrow is Jeans Day at school. :-)

2 Comments:

At 9/29/2005 10:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. That kind of attitude is infectious!

 
At 10/02/2005 06:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your doggy is feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home