Monday, June 05, 2006

Now my clothes will never be clean...

Fresh from our Dallas trip and after a strenuous first day of Camp Invention, I settled in at home to complete some long-overdue laundry. But in my stupor, I seem to have put the wrong things in the wrong places, and I'm stumped for a solution. Here's photo evidence: I googled "put detergent in the fabric softener spot" and "how to get detergent out of fabric softener place", but I've not found anything useful. Do you think I'm the first one to do this?

I could use a turkey baster to get the detergent out, but the problem is that I don't HAVE a turkey baster. But I hate wasting good Tide Cold Water by simply letting the machine run its course without any clothing. If I put clothes in the washing machine now, it'll release the detergent during the rinse cycle and then the soap won't be washed out completely. Right...?

I can't figure out what to do. Help me, please!

7 Comments:

At 6/05/2006 10:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got me, babe. I only use the fabric softener sheets, so I'm no help to you.
:)

 
At 6/06/2006 03:41:00 AM, Blogger girlski said...

can you dump a gallon or two of water in the spot to flush out the softener?

i'm with rob, just use the sheets...this problem is new to me.

besides, my husband does the laundry (take notes, rob!)

 
At 6/06/2006 06:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could call this post "Laundry Quandary."

Put your clothes in, start running the water to fill the machine, and while that is happening, flush the detergent out of the softener spot with more water.

Problem solved.

 
At 6/06/2006 07:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd find something really dirty that's in need of a really good washing and let it run through the wash and rinse cycles like normal. Then I'd run it through a second rinse and "Voila" you'll have a very clean item!

 
At 6/06/2006 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I think I'm with Alison on this one. That should take care of it...

But I would put water in the fabric softener spot in this wash and maybe even the next to make sure that it is completely washed out. Just use the dryer sheets during the drying proces for those two loads.

Hope this helps!

 
At 8/22/2006 01:28:00 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Only a Lund would do something stupid, document it photographically, and then say, "Hey! I should blog about this!" sheesh...

 
At 1/17/2009 07:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that I"m not the only one that has done this either. I just did the same thing and wouldn't you know.... google the same phrases and nothing came up. I appreciate the fact that you blogged this but I'd like to know if it actually worked for you? Mine seems to be backing up in the fabric softner spot. (I have the kind that you push into a frontloading machine) I hope it works itself out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home