Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Itch

I came home from school at 8:00 PM tonight. (We had a 12-hour day due to conferences after school). I don't feel exhausted like I normally do, but I feel like I'm missing something. I checked the mailbox. Nothing but advertisements. Checked e-mails. Nothing. Checked the fridge. I'm not hungry. So the question here is, 'What am I missing?' I feel like there's an itch that I can't scratch but I don't know where it is. I don't even know why this is bothering me, but I feel strangely like my head is still "at school". I feel bad for some of my kids in my class, feel like I'm not doing enough to help them feel confident, or challenge them, or love them. I wish I could diffuse the pressure and disapproval that some of them feel from their parents. Wish I could give the anxious boy who broke down in sobs twice during his conference a hug.

Maybe I should pray?

3 Comments:

At 10/13/2005 08:06:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Although it may feel like you can't solve all of life's problems, what you do every day as a teacher will have long term effects that you can't even begin to realize. You should feel good about that. Give yourself a pat on the back.

 
At 10/13/2005 04:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a case of the blahs to me.

 
At 10/13/2005 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Aha, Rob, maybe you have a point. And I didn't think I got the blahs!

Thanks, Robert B. I appreciate the encouragement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home