Sunday, November 13, 2005

Passages- A 2005 Soundtrack

A lot of things have happened this season, and as I find myself heading into winter, I am struck with the urge to create a soundtrack. Yes, a soundtrack for this period in my life, where I'm reflecting and thinking often, and listening to a LOT of music. I made my first soundtrack in '01, titled Sarah's Summer CD, and, equally original, later made Sarah's Summer CD 2004.

Well... this is a good one, folks. I did repeat some artists on the disc, and while I don't really like doing that, I am in a phase where I really just love these singers/bands (esp. Ben Folds). The songs don't all have lyrical significance; some are just songs I can't get enough of right now!

Here it is:

On Your Porch- The Format
In Between Days- Ben Folds
White Shadows- Coldplay
You Speak My Language- Morphine
Laura- Scissor Sisters
The Hardest Part- Coldplay
Bruised- The Bens
Title and Registration- Death Cab for Cutie
Trouble- Ray LaMontagne
Give Judy My Notice- Ben Folds
Brand New Colony- The Postal Service
Mary- Scissor Sisters
Places- Blue Merle
Landed (Strings Version)- Ben Folds
Swallowed In The Sea- Coldplay
Leif Erikson- Interpol
Prison Food- Ben Folds
Angry Any More- Ani Difranco

What are the songs on your mental Fall 2005 Soundtrack?

9 Comments:

At 11/13/2005 07:22:00 PM, Blogger girlski said...

nice thought, bake! i'll post my mental soundtrack in the coming days.

 
At 11/13/2005 08:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This week, I am on a Johnny Cash binge, in preparation for the movie that opens this weekend!

I feel like a little girl, as I listen to his old songs. My parents played his music throughout my childhood. I didn't appreciate them then, like I do now.

 
At 11/13/2005 08:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great idea, but it'll take me a while to build my soundtrack. I'm gonna start!

 
At 11/14/2005 07:27:00 AM, Blogger girlski said...

jules - a fellow johnny cash admirer! i'm on a johnny binge this week too.

i saw "johnny cash: live at san quentin" last weekend.... i can't wait to see the movie.

i'm sure i'll dedicate a post or two to his honor this week!

 
At 11/14/2005 10:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last year around this time, I creaded a "Drive Time Mix" for a friend.

All the songs reminded me (through their lyrics or the rhythm of the music) of traveling and driving in particular.

Considering how much time I have spent traveling in 2005, I guess it qualifies as my 2005 soundtrack.

Simon & Garfunkel - America
Levellers - Four Winds
Allman Brothers Band - Jessica
The Cure - Jumping Someone Else's
Train
Cream - I Feel Free
The Pretenders - Middle Of The Road
War - Low Rider
Steely Dan - Do It Again
Van Morrison - Wild Night
Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
Josh Rouse - Sunshine
Noir Désir - L'Enfant Roi
Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
Depeche Mode - World In My Eyes
Grateful Dead - Franklin's Tower (Live)
Iggy Pop - Lust For Life
Jeff Beck - Freeway Jam
The Who - Baba O'Riley

 
At 11/14/2005 03:07:00 PM, Blogger Ciera said...

Cool idea. Something to think about!

 
At 11/14/2005 03:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baba O'Riley is a fantastic song!

 
At 11/14/2005 05:19:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Aw, Had, I wish I had access to your Johnny collection now! Would you burn me a CD and put it in my care package??? PLEEEEEASE? I realized all I have are the mp3's we put on my computer long ago.

 
At 11/15/2005 01:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list of songs, Sarah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home