Monday, October 31, 2005

I Love Nighttime

...because I can only hear the clock ticking and the occasional car pass on the road.

...because I just heard a train far off, and I was so happy that I could hear a train from here if I listen really carefully. (It reminds me of my childhood friend Katie, who lived in Covington, Georgia. She had railroad tracks right behind her house in her family's woods, and the trains woke me up at night. But imagine... to have your OWN woods, full of trees to climb and leaves to crunch.)

...because the blue shadows from the windows are nostalgic to me; I don't know why. I do remember feeling very deeply for the shadows which come into nighttime windows at the age of six, though.

...because I tell myself that everyone is sleeping but me. Now; I do know that I'm not the only one up, but I love the feeling that almost everyone around me in these houses is missing out on this moment.

...because watching the lights of the city is endlessly fascinating. Imagining the lives and people associated with every tiny pin-pricked light is another longtime hobby of mine. Mountains to the west make this especially interesting.

2 Comments:

At 11/01/2005 04:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun post! I like the wonderment of it. Night lights are fun to think about.

This reminds me of my own odd little fantasies. I used to imagine what it would be like if I were the last person on the planet. If every building, street, and city were totally empty and quiet.

 
At 11/01/2005 06:37:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

....because my kids are asleep and there is blessed silence in the house. Ah, joy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home