Saturday, November 12, 2005

No Internet... a Sad State

I have returned, happily, from my math conference in Denver. It was the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, and a fantastic time. I learned a lot, walked a lot downtown, and had a lovely weekend.

My panic this weekend was that I didn't have a computer or Internet access. Seriously, the Marriott hotel wanted to charge me $5 for a 15 minute stint on their computer. What a waste!

I saw a sight that I wanted to photograph and then blog, but unfortunately I didn't have the camera with me. Instead, I'll share it using words and a photo I found on Google:

Renee and I were walking down the 16th Street Mall after a delicious meal of spicy tuna and eel rolls (plus 2-for-1 wine). We walked past one of those carriages that sit and wait for customers on high traffic corners, and noticed a dog up on the carriage, next to his book-reading master. The dog was a Shepherd; sort of small for the breed but perhaps a mix. He was sitting next to her, so proudly and distinguished, that I almost thought he was the operator. His head was high, his nose was up, and he just seemed to be king of the carriage as he waited, motionless. I wanted so badly to take that photo!

3 Comments:

At 11/12/2005 05:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which Marriott brand was it?

Every SpringHill Suites and Courtyard (except the one in Paris) I have stayed in offered free high speed access in every room.

 
At 11/12/2005 05:31:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

It was a normal Mariott, right in the heart of downtown Denver... dang!

 
At 11/14/2005 03:05:00 PM, Blogger Ciera said...

Wow. $5 for 15 minutes! I wonder how many people will pay that though.

Too bad you didn't get the pic you wanted. The one you found online was nice though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home